Full Time Preschool Paraprofessional Position
Preschool paraprofessional general responsibilities working under the direct supervision of the director include assisting in the instruction of students, assisting teachers in their duties, guidance of students through learning experiences, and aid and abide by the program philosophy. The paraprofessional must attend all preschool staff meetings and recommended training programs as well as develop a Colorado SHINES professional profile. The paraprofessional must be willing to learn, be flexible, patient, and understanding. Trainings in CPR, Standard Precautions, as a Mandated reporter, and in TS Gold are required, but can be offered.
Preschool paraprofessional responsibilities involving management of the classroom, students, and with families include:
- assistance of the classroom children in accordance with the policies and guidance philosophy of the school
- upholding a welcoming learning environment that is specific and responsive to cultural and natural environments of the children
- assistance in classroom preparations and curriculum lesson planning
- assisting other early childhood classes during preschool closure times
- teach to each student’s individual needs and learning plans, treating each student as unique individuals with respect and dignity
- assume shared housekeeping and cleaning responsibilities
- aid in student understanding of appropriate social behaviors with others and model appropriate behaviors
- gather growth data of students inputting into Teaching Strategies Gold assessment system
- conduct relationships with families in accordance of the director and in reflection of CDE’s State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE) set standards, respectfully serving all students and their families.
- act as a representative of the school, with parents as well as with children, upholding district and preschool program policies and procedures
For inquiries, please contact Stephanie Bivins, Preschool Director
Applications may be obtained from the school website (www.dbschools.org) or the school’s main office:
730 Minter Avenue
De Beque, CO 81630
Applications may be submitted to Kelly Cheney in the main office.
De Beque School District 49-JT - Dedication to; Excellence, Community Service, Collaboration, Perseverance, and Innovation.